Machine Failure / Machine Design Forensic Investigation
Machine failure and machine design issues can lead to user injury and death. When a user or bystander is injured, we provide forensic investigation to determine cause:
- Proper machine design
- Mechanical failure (screws, bolts, chains gears, fasteners, etc.)
- Material selection (proper or improper)
- Material defects (metals, steels, plastics, etc.)
- Machine guarding
- Adequate safety instructions & warnings
- Proper maintenance
- Machine use/misuse/abuse
- Safety protocols followed by user
Heiberg Forensic provides expert forensic evaluation of machinery products for function, safety, performance and proper use.
We can evaluate whether or not equipment involved in injury accidents complied with proper engineering design practice and applicable industry standards, and whether user actions contributed to the incident.