Working at Heights Forensic Investigation
Working at heights is one of the biggest causes injuries and workplace fatalities. ‘Work at height’ means work in any place where, if there were no precautions in place, a person could fall a distance that could cause personal injury.
Working at heights forensic cases include falls from scaffolding, ladders and mechanical equipment, as well as falls through fragile surfaces.
Heiberg Forensic will investigate 'working from heights' factors that include:
- Height of the task or work environment
- Condition of the surface being worked on
- Proper equipment provided, and in satisfactory working condition
- Protective barriers in place
- Fall arrest systems
- Adequate safety training
- Adequate safety equipment
- Helmets, harnesses, belts, netting, etc.
- Subject following proper safety protocols
- Subject using substances that may be a contributing factor